SAFETY: Helping everyone Stay Safe & Well is our priority!
Haven Hall Hotel has adapted all its public rooms and procedures to ensure highest levels of cleanliness and necessary space for social distancing.
- Meet & Greet ~ we will greet you with a Namaste bow and keep required social distance instead of handshaking
- Registration ~ you may have already completed the necessary forms on-line, but if not, a clean pen & form will be provided for you to fill in.
- Your room will have been deep cleaned by housekeepers wearing gloves & masks. Your room key, phone, TV remote will all be sanitised.
- All food & drink will be served by Waiters & Waitresses wearing masks ~ as required.
- Tables & chairs are arranged with 2 metre distance. Everyone will be encouraged to maintain this distance.
- Cooks will be vigilant at all times during Food Preparation. You are welcome to inspect our kitchen.
- Downstairs loos ~ now have disposable paper towels as well as cloth hand towels
- Heated Pool: has the usual required level of chemicals to keep it safe
- Sauna: (not yet open due to Covid) only 2 people are allowed in the sauna at one time (Saunas are very good for the immune system)
- Pool kitchenette: fridge will be stocked but please wash your hands and help keep fridge & door handles sanitised
- The entire property & car park have security cameras. There is no access for the general public.
- Motion detection sensors will switch lights on at night to guide you near the house
Haven Hall is very proud of all the different ways we are protecting the environment and keeping energy usage low. You can help!
- Solar panels on the roof create a high percentage of the electricity used in the Hotel
- The air conditioning system pumps the air between the warm areas of the house and the cooler areas. This is the most efficient way to cool or heat each room, using minimum energy.
- All windows are double glazed and all curtains have blackout lining
- All our walls, ceilings & floors have thick thermal & sound insulation
- The Swimming pool water is heated by heat pump solar heating panels in the Pool House roof
- The gardens are fed via drip feed irrigation and lawn sprinklers when necessary
- Water butts collect rainwater from the greenhouse roof
- Most of our plants & flowers are perennial, maintained by only 2 gardeners
- Many of our annual plants are propagated in our greenhouse
- The back garden contains a large raised bed vegetable garden
- Fresh herbs are grown along various terraces and in the back garden
- Espaliered fruit trees line the fence of the tennis court
- Chickens in the back garden eat the left overs from the kitchen
- A beehive behind the Summer house provides honey and bees for pollination
- 3 Electric vehicle charging points are available for electric cars
- Towels ~ will only be sent to the laundry if you leave them on the floor
TRAVEL: How to get to the Isle of Wight
By car, you will need to take a ferry from one of three ports: PLEASE NOTE ~ we can give you a 15- 20% discount code before you book! Please ask for the code before you book your crossing.
- Southampton to East Cowes via Red Funnel - https://www.redfunnel.co.uk [55-60 minutes] We recommend booking the 1st class Signature Lounge! (£10pp with free tea, coffee & pastries) Also the priority booking to get on and off the ferry more quickly.
- Portsmouth to Fishbourne via Wight Link - https://www.wightlink.co.uk [45 minutes]
- Lymington to Yarmouth via Wight Link - https://www.wightlink.co.uk [40 minutes]
By rail, on foot or bike: you can take any of the ferries above, plus there are 3 more Foot Passenger choices
- Southampton to West Cowes via Red Jet - https://www.redfunnel.co.uk (23-25 minutes) no pre-booking, just turn up
- Portsmouth to Ryde via Wight Link catamaran - https://www.wightlink.co.uk [22 minutes] - direct link to TRAINS
- Portsmouth (Southsea) to Ryde beach via Hovercraft - https://www.hovertravel.co.uk (10 minutes)
By Train: take your train to Portsmouth Harbour, where there is only a short walk to the passenger ferry to Ryde. When you reach Ryde, there is another very short walk to the Island Line Train which meets the ferry on Ryde Pier. The Island Line Train can bring you all the way to Shanklin. You can buy ONE ticket that includes both trains plus the ferry from your Train station.
- Portsmouth to Ryde via Wight Link catamaran - https://www.wightlink.co.uk [22 minutes] - direct link to Island Line