What is the deposit & cancellation policy?
I require one night deposit to confirm a booking. This deposit is fully refundable up to 7 days before arrival date. There is no charge to change the dates of a reservation or to cancel a reservation.
Do you serve meals?
We are a very small Boutique Hotel and only serve Breakfast which is included in all room rates. We do not serve lunch or dinner and do not offer room service. There are several excellent restaurants within 15-20 minutes drive and adequate restaurants within 15 minutes walk.
How close to the beach is Haven Hall?
Haven Hall Hotel is on the cliff top overlooking 2 miles of sandy beach which is accessed via a footpath and a 7 minute walk.
When was the hotel last renovated and updated?
I spent £7,000,000 renovating my hotel in 2013 - 2017
What type of clientele?
My guests are usually seeking a luxury, quiet getaway to experience the Isle of Wight. I do not cater to Wedding Parties or large groups. I only welcome children over 7.
Do you have a Bar?
Haven Hall Hotel has a fully equipped bar which is for registered Hotel guests only.
Do your room TVs have Netflix and Sky Sports?
All our room TVs are Smart TVs and have Netflix, BBC iplayer etc. They do not have Sky Sports or BT Sports. Guests can "cast" from their phone or ipad to the room TV
Do you have Wi-Fi and do you charge for Wifi?
Every bedroom and public room has free high-speed Wi-Fi with a download speed of 200 Mb/s
How does one get to the Isle of Wight?
There are vehicle ferries from Southampton (1 hour ferry & 25 minute drive to Haven Hall), Portsmouth (45 minutes ferry and 25 minute drive to Haven Hall) and Lymington (45 minutes ferry and 40 minute drive to Haven Hall. I can offer a 20% discount code for the Southampton ferry and a 15% discount code for the Lymington and Portsmouth ferry
Do you have on-site car parking and how much do you charge for car parking?
Haven Hall has free on-site car parking for all guests.
Do you have Electric Vehicle Chargers?
Haven Hall has 2 Tesla Chargers and 1 Type 2 Electric Vehicle Chargers. The fee to use them is £20 per charge. They are in operation from midnight to 7:30am to utilise the cheaper electricity. The EV Chargers are only available for registered hotel guests.
Do you welcome children?
Haven Hall Hotel welcomes children over 7 years old only.
What is your rating on Trip advisor and Booking.com?
TripAdvisor rates Haven Hall as 5.0 out of 5.0 which is their "Excellent" category. Booking.com rates Haven Hall 9.8 out of 10 which is also their "Excellent" category. The Daily Telegraph rates Haven Hall 9 out of 10 which is their highest rated hotel on the Isle of Wight.
Haven Hall is very proud of all the different ways we are protecting the environment and keeping energy usage low. You can help!
- Solar panels on the roof create a high percentage of the electricity used in the Hotel
- The air conditioning system pumps the air between the warm areas of the house and the cooler areas. This is the most efficient way to cool or heat each room, using minimum energy.
- All windows are double glazed and all curtains have blackout lining
- All our walls, ceilings & floors have thick thermal & sound insulation
- The Swimming pool water is heated by heat pump solar heating panels on the Pool House roof
- The gardens are fed via drip feed irrigation and lawn sprinklers when necessary
- Water butts collect rainwater from the greenhouse roof
- Most of our plants & flowers are perennial, maintained by only 2 gardeners
- Many of our annual plants are propagated in our greenhouse
- The back garden contains a large raised bed vegetable garden
- Fresh herbs are grown along various terraces and in the back garden
- Espaliered fruit trees line the fence of the tennis court
- Chickens in the back garden eat the left overs from the kitchen
- 2 beehives behind the Summer house provides honey and bees for pollination
- 3 Electric vehicle charging points are available for electric cars
- Towels ~ will only be sent to the laundry if you leave them on the floor
TRAVEL: How to get to the Isle of Wight
By car, you will need to take a ferry from one of three ports: PLEASE NOTE ~ we can give you a 15- 20% discount code before you book! Please ask for the code before you book your crossing.
- Southampton to East Cowes via Red Funnel - https://www.redfunnel.co.uk [55-60 minutes] We recommend booking the 1st class Signature Lounge! (£11per person with free tea, coffee & pastries) Also the priority booking to get on and off the ferry more quickly.
- Portsmouth to Fishbourne via Wight Link - https://www.wightlink.co.uk [45 minutes]
- Lymington to Yarmouth via Wight Link - https://www.wightlink.co.uk [40 minutes]
By rail, on foot or bike: you can take any of the ferries above, plus there are 3 more Foot Passenger choices
- Southampton to West Cowes via Red Jet - https://www.redfunnel.co.uk (23-25 minutes) no pre-booking, just turn up
- Portsmouth to Ryde via Wight Link catamaran - https://www.wightlink.co.uk [22 minutes] - direct link to TRAINS
- Portsmouth (Southsea) to Ryde beach via Hovercraft - https://www.hovertravel.co.uk (10 minutes)
By Train: take your train to Portsmouth Harbour, where there is only a short walk to the passenger ferry to Ryde. When you reach Ryde, there is another very short walk to the Island Line Train which meets the ferry on Ryde Pier. The Island Line Train can bring you all the way to Shanklin. You can buy ONE ticket that includes both trains plus the ferry from your Train station.
- Portsmouth to Ryde via Wight Link catamaran - https://www.wightlink.co.uk [22 minutes] - direct link to Island Line